Friday, August 13, 2010

Street Photography


Well I have been away for a while and for that I apologize. I wasn't really sure how I wanted to use the old "Theory Ranch" but the absence has brought me some clarity. I'd like to discuss why I like photography so much and how it constantly amazes and enlightens me every time I pick up the camera. So from now on I'm going to share pictures that I like and why. So for this blog lets talk about street photography. I love street photography because of one simple reason. Just like in life you are not in control of anything. This is very contrary to commercial work that I do where we try to control every aspect of the picture. So I guess in some way it's a creative outlet for me. I love nothing better than to be in a strange place with just a camera. It's as if you are hunting for a portion of time where certain elements align and then disappear. Here is a moment I found walking the streets of Amsterdam recently.