Thursday, August 19, 2010

He looked up...


I remember one time shooting some interior architecture with a friend as students. I questioned her composition and asked why she had choose to place the camera where she had placed it. Her reply " it just looks right to me"... I took her around to the front of the camera and showed her that she had placed the lens at exactly her eye line. We all see the world from one view and it's important to remember that all our views are different. I learned the hard way that I could never make a living by shooting up people's noses - hurray for short models and step ladders. Maybe this is why I like to work with kids so much. Good pictures hide all over the place you just got to move the camera and look for them. I found this shot recently while walking a trail alone in a quiet Maine forest.

No comments: