Friday, February 27, 2009

Holga Bliss


One the most challenging aspects of photography is constantly staying inspired by your craft. I think anyone creative will tell you that it's a landscape full of peaks and valleys. One of the greatest inspirations for me lately is watching a huge number of young european photographers embracing old film techniques and cameras as if to reject or even update modern digital trends. This work has been so inspiring to me that lately I've been shooting, dare I say the dirty word "film" with a Holga Camera. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with creating photography that can't be replicated- thank you Jackson Pollock. This is easy with a Holga Camera and to me puts an exclamation point behind all editorial photography. I have to say thanks to my friends Steve Beaudet for loaning me his modified Holga and to Mel who tolerates me like an annoying paparazzi...