Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 Creed


Saw this scenic world
Thought about you
Got a little concerned
Did you hear the bells of absolution
Did you own any atonement
Or did you just build a fire in a baptist rage

Please give if you can
If not for me
For the jubilee fund
Trust in me to distribute the karma coin
You have in the past

While you are waiting over there
Try not to rub out
All the enjoyment
Of that flower and all it's simplicity

That pesky round of kindness
Seems to stalk me like a lost drive by
But I've seen you drink doubt like it's happy hour
Did you notice I wasn't there

Not anymore - I'm making dinner
And wondering if you will join us
I don't even remember the name of that town
Nor do I care

I'm hoping you know what day it is
And Curious
Why aren't you here
And better yet can you forgive me...

1 comment:

Rick Kilby said...

I'm not sure I understand your poem, but I love the image. It is really wonderful.